Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Jeans To Art Journal.

Hiya Guys!!
 
Today, I come packin' a FABULOUSLY thrifty tutorial.
 
A little up-cycle love.
 
We're gonna turn an old pair of jeans into a quick and one-of-a-kind ART JOURNAL!
 
 
This month over on the Gauche Alchemy blog, we're exploring Art Journaling!  And being a total newbie to art journaling, I wanted to give it a try with minimal cost to me, and in a size I knew I could manage.
 
And I wanted it to be cute.



So, I went in search for sturdy fabric I could bend to my will, aaaaannnd I came across an old pair of jeans.  SCORE!! 
 
I filled it with a mixed media paper by Canson.  It's lightweight and rocks wet media as well as watercolor paper.
 

 
A little stitching and paint and my journal is ready to go.  I can't wait until the worn and filled with a multitude of paint and ink splatters! 
 
Now, that's love.
 
 
If you wanna see this project come together, you can check it out HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Now, who's an art journaling pro?  Who's a newbie ready to give it a go??
 
Don't forget to check in with Gauche Alchemy throughout this month for TONS of art journaling tips and inspiration!
 
xx,

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love how you used old jeans to make a journal. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little journal. Love the idea of recycling your jeans. What paint did you use? I thought this would be a great project for kids!

    ReplyDelete