Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sew Perfect!!!

Onions have layers, ogres have layers...I think of that line in Shrek everytime I see these fun little cards I created for a swap with a few of my craftiest gal pals :)

I wanted to create my cards without breaking into any new product, so I decide to rifle through my scrap paper bin. I knew just what I was going to create when I came across my stash of Graphic 45 scraps!!! Here's what I came up with...



I layered my scraps and a printed sentiment and did some machine sewing around the edges. Two rotations gave me the messy stitching I was going for. I have to say, I LOVE sewing paper!!! Not much work for such a big effect---and I'm all about "give a little, get a lot"! I found that cute butterfly in the Michael's $1 bin :)



For my second card, I used the same technique with shimmery and glossy cardstock. I added a printed image and a few Glimmer Misted mini roses. I left this card without a sentiment so I can personalize it later.

I will definately be using this layered look again. Talk about using your scraps to their fullest potential! Until next time, my crafty friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment