Thursday, December 11, 2014

Holiday Sweets With May Arts!

Hello!

Today, I'm hoppin' with May Arts in a totally sweet way!  We're sharing out best Holiday Sweet Treats along with some amazingly sweet (and ribbony!) packaging---'cuz everybody knows it's all about the packaging.  Well, maybe not all about the packaging, but it sure does make it feel a bit more special, no??

Here's what I've come up with...


I kinda have a thing for mason jars, and they're definitely a bit more sturdy than a cello bag, so I decide to decorate one up to hold my treats.


A few silver and gold stars from the Metallic Star Banner Ribbon stitched onto the Green Burlap/Wired Ribbon, bordered with Natural Burlap/Woven Ribbon and my jar was ready to fill.


I made a simple tag (with the recipe written on the back) and tied it on with a bit of my favorite Natural String Burlap Ribbon and my treats were ready to go!



Not only did I get to spend some time with my favorite girl, but now we have one SWEET gift for someone special.

May Arts supplies used;

Other supplies used:
Neenah white cards stock 
Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Viva Las VegaStamps! - Victorian Flourish rubber stamp
silver bell

Oreo Cookie Balls:
1 - 16 oz package Oreo cookies (crushed)
1 - 8 oz softened cream cheese
coating chocolate (chocolate bark)
sprinkles

Mix the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese thoroughly.  Roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and chill for 30 minutes.  Dip the balls into melted coating chocolate and add sprinkles to the top while the chocolate is still soft.  Allow the chocolate to set up before packaging.  This recipe made approximately 24 balls.

Okay guys, that's it for me!  Your next stop along the way will be Jen.  If you've lost your way, hop on back to May Arts for the full list of hoppers.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

xx,

2 comments:

  1. Love the ribbons on your jar and thanks for sharing this recipe with us. They sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete