Monday, May 19, 2014

It's A Wrap!

Hello!  Today, I bring you pattern

Not only is stamping your own pattern a great way to jazz up your cards or scrapbook layouts, it's FAB for creating unique gift wrapping, too.

Here, I've stamped the Lightbulb image repeatedly in varying directions onto some simple brown postal paper with StazOn jet black ink to create a fun and funky gift wrap.


A bit of black jute, and this package is ready to go!!


Not only can you stamp onto your favorite papers, but fabrics, too.

I LOVE personalizing ribbon and creating all types of  stitched treasures with my custom stamped fabric.  I've found that a tightly woven, smooth fabric lends the best results.  Below, I've used a white muslin.  It's my favorite for stamping!!  And I definitely recommend using a permanent ink.  You want those images to stay put through any wear and tear.  Once again, I've used StazOn jet black ink to stamp my images every which way.


And here's a little peek at what I've done with my freshly stamped fabric...


These sweet little pockets are the perfect size for gift cards, handmade jewelry and so much more!!


I've simply folded my patterned fabric roughly into thirds and run a stitch along the edges to create a pocket.  A bit of hand-dyed ribbon colored up with my favorite Distress Inks stitched to the bottom and an eyelet will keep the pocket closed.


And finally, here's a closer look at the stamped pattern on the back.

VLVS! stamps used:



I gotta say, with a bit of paper, fabric and my favorite VLVS! stamps on hand, I may never buy gift wrap again!!

xx,

No comments:

Post a Comment