Saturday, January 21, 2012

Follow The Yellow-Brick Road!

Have you ever played with paper dolls? You, know---those cool ones with magnetic backs or cling-form on those little storyboards??? Man, I miss those!!!

I loved them as "Little Mary", so when I found myself feeling a bit nostalgic this week, I got my craft on and made me some!!!

It all started with a trip to OZ...
***imagine wavy lines fading into a dream sequence***



I think this version of 'The Emerald City' feels a bit edgy and urban, don't ya think? It's my first try at graffiti-FAB!!! The castle was cut from an Accucut castle die. The paper? That's a bit of everything on random green/yellow scrapbook paper ;-)



The dolls and castle pieces have hidden magnets which allow them to stick!





I LOVE my new toy! In addition to some good 'ol fashioned "playtime", this project would go far to dress up a boring, magnetic board...or make an AWEMSOME card! I'm always looking for new ways to rock a birthday card!!!

THIS PROJECT WAS CREATED WITH IMAGES FROM SATURATED CANARY AND PAIGE APPROVED.



Saturated Canary's Challenge blog is right in the middle of Challenge #9 - Dies and/or Punches. Plenty of time to punch or diecut yourself some bits and pieces and create a bit of FAB-U-LOCITY to link up!

Thanks for stopping by! ***We're off to see The Wizard, the wonderful Wizard Of Oooooooz!***

5 comments:

  1. squeeeee!!! mary you did it again!!!! oh i do so love your little book and the magnets on the girls is such a fab idea!!! love love love it!!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog,
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this!!!!!!! Its sooooooooo utterly cool I love it & I love the fact you have used so many of Krista's images & your colouring is fantastic girl.
    So excited to be working with you on SC hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, It's Julie Anne from MAMA. Just got my flowers and yours is my favorite. I enjoyed visiting your blog. I love your work. Like you I have 2 boys and a little girl. Ages 16, 12 and 8. Does your little girl do art with you. Mine loves to get in all my stuff of course and she hates that she doesn't have anyone to swap with. Her favorite thing to do is make
    ATC's. Perhaps we could create a few for them to do.
    Let me know what you think. I have friended you on MAMA but it's probably easier to contact me via email at juliecooper@bellsouth.net. Again, I love your work and blog.

    ReplyDelete